Wednesday 12 March 2014

Post 5) DVD Disc Part 1 - 12/03/2014

For the start of the DVD Disk I have needed to create various Vector based images such as my mountains and logo using the Tools in illustrator.

To create the mountains used in the disk I started by creating the outline with the Pen tool for a mountainous look with the shape then I used an image as a texture to give a stone effect to fit in with the mountain effect (see right). I used the Gradient tool along with blending options to give it a white snow effect at the top to make it look and feel like a real mountain, it also adds more variety to the world that I am creating. I also used a Clipping mask to stop the image from going over the rest of the disk.

I used the Paintbrush tool to create the shape of the clouds as each cloud in real life is unique and does not contain straight line, to Paintbrush tool acts as a free forming tool to create this sense of realism that is used on the disk cover and then used the Gradient tool to get the colouring of the clouds in a similar way to real life clouds.

The Pencil tool was used to create the feathers by tracing over real life feather for a realistic look these feather where also coloured with the Gradient tool to match to colour of the Dragasus' wings as it had a gradient like effect in other images.

To help create the DVD Disk I have needed to use Guides and Layers, Guides to mark the areas of the disk and Layers to help keep everything more organised.

To create the Logo I have needed to use the Type tools to create a base for my design then I have used the Pen tool to create one of the wings as I needed a larger feather design then copied and pasted it while changing the angle of the wings to create a pattern which was then completed by reflecting half of the wing to create the logo bellow.


Part 2 - 13/05/2014

There have some changes from the first version on the Disc design. These changes range from minor with the change of colour with the clouds to more detailed addition such as logos.

The change with the clouds is to match the cloud of the DVD cover in order to keep constancy with my work.

The additions include DVD logos, studio logo and copyright text. The DVD logo are required on DVDs and are placed in locations where they will not overlap other part of the disc. The studio logo is similar to the one in the DVD cover and has the same position, text font and colour scheme. The copyright text at the bottom and running alone the edge of the disc is something that I found to be a standard on most DVD discs, so I have added it to make the disc look more professional.      

The last update is the flying image on the disc, it is coloured to be similar to the Dragasus' blue colour and is scaled to look like it is in the distance flying over the mountains. 


No comments:

Post a Comment